[Kolab-devel] kolab 3.0 on wheezy x86_64: latest cyrus update

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Nov 5 21:23:59 CET 2012

On 2012-11-05 19:50, Jochen Hein wrote:
> "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>
> writes:
>> This is somewhat of a curiosity - are you in fact using POP at all?
>
> No, I will not use POP3.

I'm now left wondering what spawned the need for pop3d to go about
attempting authentication through SASL in the first place, but I hope it
is just a missing dependency. On to the more relevant and pressing
issue:

> But, I did not get a successfull connect with IMAP at all.

How did you verify?

I tend to look at:

   # netstat -ltnp | grep -E ":(143|993)"

   # imtest -t "" -u cyrus-admin -a cyrus-admin localhost
   # imtest -s -u cyrus-admin -a cyrus-admin localhost

Please note that in my book the ability to connect to a service is
something entirely different than the ability to authenticate (with that
service).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--