[Kolab-devel] 10.000 events in a Resource Calendar

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue May 22 14:57:29 CEST 2012

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2012, 14:46:26 schrieb Thomas Jarosch:

Hi Thomas,

> You might want to reconsider "freebusyd", which solved that exact
> problem for years now: https://roundup.kolab.org/issue2554

Thanks for bringing the attention to this existing and well proven solution.

> After we introduced freebusyd, updating the freebusy data
> was never an issue again.

Yes, and therefore the further optimization for an enhanced freebusy URL was
never required.

Honestly the freebusyd approach suffers from the NIH-Syndrome and therefore
lacks acceptance within some people ;-)

I must admit though that the Kolab approach to scalability is sometimes not
intuitive to a typical web developer who is used to abuse the state of a
database in order to fake a stateful application on top of a stateless
protocol (http).

Yours,
-- martin

e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23, 70469 Stuttgart, Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126
http://www.erfrakon.com/