[Kolab-devel] 10.000 events in a Resource Calendar

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun May 20 11:35:58 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-19 23:29, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> On Saturday 19 May 2012 12.10:29 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm attempting to develop the code that is going to do resource
>> management
>> as defined in [1], as far as the server-side components are involved
>> that
>> is.
>>
>> For testing purposes, I'm inserting 10.000 events into a resource
>> calendar,
>> all Kolab format version 3 of course. 10.000 is a lot to start with,
>>
>> Given an iTip message (to which a resource is "invited"), I want to
>> see if
>> there's a conflict with any of the existing events in the Calendar.
>>
>> To that end, I was wondering if there's a way to do this more
>> efficiently
>> than;
>>
>> 1) Obtain *all* event objects,
>> 2) Parsing *all* of them one by one,
>> 3) Until I find a conflict or run out of events.
>>
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>

> If you can tell me what exactly you need in terms of conflict
> detection API, I can implement the required functionality in
> libkolab.

What I need for this exercise is which events (if any) in $imap_folder
overlap with the [start]-[end] slice of time I'm getting. Recurrence
rules will need to be included, of course.

A little further on, I may, from a set of folders (resources in a
collection) within which I may want to re-schedule reservations. See
http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab_3.0_Resource_Management#Non-unique_resources

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--