[Kolab-devel] Branched off kolab-libs-0.2

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 27 15:01:30 CEST 2012

On 2012-03-27 13:10, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> On 2012-03-27 11:58, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> On Saturday 24 March 2012 00:37:00 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>>> I branched off kolab-libs-0.2 as soon as I had a chance.
>>
>> As discussed on IRC already I think this should go into two separate
>> git
>> repositories and be delivered in two tarballs. Both libs have their
>> own cmake projects, they need to be build individually and they will
>> not
>> necessarily be in sync (means they share the same tags and version
>> numbers and).

For me the question is more what the advantage is. Development is
easier with just one repository, there is some code sharing between the
libs (just some cmake files), and libkolab requires libkolabxml. Also we
currently have a lot of changes in libkolabxml which are required in
libkolab, which is also simpler to handle with just one repository.

> There's one side-note to this - I think that libkolab depending on
> libkolabxml is supposed to (transparently?) provide the same API
> calls
> as libkolabxml...?

I don't have such an API planned currently. However the calendaring API
based on kcalcore will be exposed through libkolabxml containers, that
is only in libkolab and not libkolabxml though.
In any case libkolab requires libkolabxml installed to build.

>> Christian, is there anything from your side that prevents us from
>> splitting
>> this up?

It is the way it is for developer convenience and I would prefer to
keep it that way, but technically there is nothing keeping us from
splitting those repositories.
So I'll just leave that decision to you guys, you know better what's
best and I can work with either way.

Cheers,
Christian

--