[Kolab-devel] Kolab Webadmin dynamic groups

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Mar 21 14:22:11 CET 2012

Hi there,

While we're working on the Kolab Web Administration Panel's
capabilities to work with groups, I'm thinking about how to display
dynamic groups (and allow the dynamic groups to be edited).

An example is the following group "Kolab Users", including all, well,
Kolab users:

   memberURL:
ldap:///ou=People,dc=klab,dc=cc??sub?(&(objectClass=kolabinetorgperson)(mail=*))

The distinguishable components in this attribute are a search base_dn,
result attribute name, search scope and search filter.

Despite the fact these groups could get pretty large, I suppose we also
need to display a list of members such a memberURL would result in...

Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--