[Kolab-devel] Debian Packages

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Thu Mar 15 10:23:00 CET 2012

Am Dienstag, 13. März 2012, 10:56:59 schrieb Félim Whiteley:
> Hi all,
>
> I've had a look at the instructions at:
>
> http://hosted.kolabsys.com/~vanmeeuwen/kolab-docs/en-
> US/Kolab_Groupware/2.4/html/Community_Installation_Guide/sect-
> Community_Installation_Guide-Installation-Repository_Configuration.html#sec
> t- Community_Installation_Guide-Installation_with_APT_Packages
>
> And I was going to run some tests with 2.4/3.0. Seems the link in the
> documentation points to a non-existant directory. Ubunut only goes so far
> as 2.3, debian skips 2.4 and goes straight to 3.0 and Redhat seems to have
> all versions. Is it a incorrect URL or is there no versions available?

The URLs are correct, the versions are not.
- 3.0 development has just started and will last another 5 months.
- 2.4 is not really the successor of 2.3 but also includes a lot of changes
that will go into 3.0. On the other hand it lacks some features that were
present in 2.3. It was developed on special customer demand.

This means 2.3 is the latest stable general purpose release. Most people will
want to go with it for now, even if the packages there are not fully up to
date compared to some OpenPKG versions. I will update the 2.3 packages if I
find time, for 2.4 on the other hand I am not sure if we do.

Kind regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert