[Kolab-devel] Kolab-Format Upgratetool status

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Jun 19 00:22:46 CEST 2012

On Monday, June 18, 2012 09:16:51 PM Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Hey,
>
> The Kolab-Format Upgratetool can currently:
>
> * upgrade single mime messages of the types:
> ** event
> ** todo
> ** journal
> ** contact/distlist
> ** note
> ** dictionary configuration
>
> * upgrade complete IMAP accounts:
> The tool looks for kolab folders, and upgrades all v2 messages to v3
> messages. Old messages are marked as deleted and each folder is expunged
> after all messages have been upgraded.
>
> I already prepared a patch for proxy authentication for kdepimlibs, as soon
> as that is merged, proxy authentication will also be possible.
>
> Otherwise we have SSL/TLS support, various login mechanisms and NAMESPACE
> should also be handled correctly.
>
> Note that I did not implement the conversion with a different target
> account/folder. Is that really required or can it be worked around by
> otherwise copying the account before upgrading?

The idea is that with a second target server / user account credentials, the
groupware data can be converted from an OpenPKG Kolab 2.3 onto a Kolab 3.0
installation from native packages - or even a (former) Kolab 2.4 to 3.0, but
both would be native packages anyway so the upgrade could be in-place rather
then from one system to another system.

I suppose since the upgrade tool does not do mail, either offlineimap or
imapsync could first take care of an initial data migration, if at all needed,
then the upgrade tool could take care of the format change.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG