[Kolab-devel] Free/busy system for Kolab 3.0

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Jun 15 15:23:59 CEST 2012

On Friday, June 15, 2012 11:25:25 AM Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's taken me a while to get back to this, my apologies.
>
> I've finally managed to turn the generic idea of what we want to be able to
> do in Kolab 3.0 [1] into something that describes how this is achieved [2]
> and should be near enough to implementable. As far as I can tell, Kolab 3.0
> will be the first groupware with offline free/busy capabilities.
>
> Improvements are naturally welcome, also help with sketching out the last
> nitty gritty details, although some of these can also be left to the
> implementors for consideration, I gather.

I've added a footnote on what (for IMAP) the 'anonymous' user is exactly.

I think perhaps the way that clients are supposed to handle all of this
deserves a word or two, too. I.e., if SFB in shared/freebusy[@domain.tld] is
available for a user's calendars, but shared/freebusy/<user>[@domain.tld] is
also available, which takes precendence. Also, what a client is supposed to
upload where, if anything, or where/how to trigger things being updated on the
server, in the background.

Also, perhaps it's worth mentioning that shared/freebusy/<user>/*[@domain.tld]
can maybe be or become a tree containing PFB (with SFB info), and
user/<user>/freebusy/*[@domain.tld] alike a tree containing PFB (with XFB
info).

We're not there yet, it's just floating the idea, it would allow clients to
prepare for this being a tree with separate PFB and authorizations.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG