[Kolab-devel] libkolabxml build dependencies

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 5 14:56:31 CEST 2012

Hi Alexander,

On Wednesday, July 04, 2012 05:08:26 PM Alexander Haensch wrote:
> Were trying to build the libkolabxml and/or libkolab on a gentoo
> system. The KDE-maintainers added both libraries to the testing overlay.
> libkolab pulls in around 100 different packages.

I have the following requirements and build requirements listed for the
libkolab and libkolabxml builds we do, which could perhaps serve as a
reference:

http://wiki.kolab.org/Requirements_of_and_Build_Requirements_for_libkolab
http://wiki.kolab.org/Requirements_of_and_Build_Requirements_for_libkolabxml

> libkolabxml also needs QtTest i think, but this requirement is not
> written anywhere.
> Is there a list of what is really needed to build libkolabxml without
> building the whole KDE toolchain?

If I recall correctly, the KDE build dependency chain is needed only for the
tests to be built and hopefully succeed; I believe we have set cmake up so
that it looks for the KDE PIM libs headers the tests need, and if they are not
found, does not build the tests.

Christian Mollekopf is the lead developer (in CC), and will be able to shed
some more light on it.

> Manual compilation leads to the same result:
>
> [ 87%] Building CXX object
> tests/CMakeFiles/bindingstest.dir/bindingstest.cpp.o
> In file included from /root/libkolabxml-0.6.0/tests/bindingstest.cpp:1:0:
> /root/libkolabxml-0.6.0/tests/bindingstest.h:5:25: fatal error:
> QtTest/QtTest: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

We'll want a cmake clause to test for QtTest (not just Qt4, probably using an
additional set of conditionals in tests/CMakeLists.txt), and a warning stating
the tests are not being built / not being executed like we do for the build
dependencies for the tests right now.

For the platforms we've built libkolabxml/libkolab so far, QtTest is just part
of the qt-devel package, which is why I suppose we have missed this as a
separate build requirement and ended up not listing it in the READMEs.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG