[Kolab-devel] [issue4825] "Could not start process for imaps" Error when disabling kwallet

aheinecke issues at kolab.org
Wed Feb 29 18:42:24 CET 2012

If you disable KWallet after configuring Kontact to use kwalled imap stops working.

To reproduce:
I've started on a fresh kde installation no .kde directory no kde processes running.

Run Kolabwizard
set up an account, supply the password and select save password.
In the KWallet configuration wizard use kwallet and set it up (i've used an
empty password)
Start Kontact, sync a bit around, answer "yes always" to the kwallet questions.
Disable Kwallet (either from the Kwallet GUI or by modifing:
kwalletrc section "Wallet" option "Enabled" to "false"

Kill all your kde processes (I do that by disconnecting from my testsystem and
so killing the X session)

Start Kontact
When asked for the password enter the correct password.
-> You get the error. (Regardless if you choose to save the password or not)

The error stays until you enable your wallet again.

assignedto: allen
keyword: enterprise35, kde client
messages: 28598
nosy: aheinecke, allen, emanuel, laurent, ludwig, sergio, till, vkrause
priority: bug
related: Crash on exit after error "Could not start process for imaps"
status: unread
title: "Could not start process for imaps" Error when disabling kwallet