[Kolab-devel] New Kolab Website Live

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Feb 28 12:14:26 CET 2012

Am Dienstag 28 Februar 2012 10:41:42 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
Systems):
> I'm VERY pleased to announce the new www.kolab.org website is now LIVE!

Congratulations on making the move the new website!
This is very important to the Kolab initiative, I believe!
So thanks for working on this!

From the view of the community I believe a few things
still need improvement I guess. Three came to mind immedeately:

a) the copyright Kolab Systems might send the wrong message
as this is the website of the Kolab Initiative and of Kolab Systems.
Of course Kolab System is doing a lot, which is really, really good!
And it is good a sound legal entity holds the rights, still I would
place that information on an extra page with more explanations
how the relation of the page to the initiative is.

b) the community page has only pictures of Kolab Systems' people,
we should try to get  more members of the initiative up there or choose a
different picture soonish. (I guess this is just a placeholder for a nice
image anyway.)

c) the website has moved focus from being only a target to the development
community to now target potential users. This is very good!
And it should be explained somewhere in the launch information news.

Best,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member