[Kolab-devel] Ubuntu vs. Debian binary packages

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Mon Dec 17 16:57:21 CET 2012

Hi Jan Niklas,

On Monday 17 December 2012 16:14:30 Jan Niklas Fingerle wrote:
> is it worth to wait for Ubuntu binary packages (and is there someone
> who's working on those and needs a tester hint *hint*) or should I
> rather use Debian, since the wait wouldn't be worth it?

As far as I know there's currently nobody working on Ubuntu packages. There
have been some people who wanted to try the Debian Wheezy packages on Ubuntu,
but I haven't heard back from them, yet.

Since Ubuntu is based on Debian and uses the same package technology, making
the wheezy packages work on Ubuntu shouldn't be too much work. It's just that
somebody has to do it. If you ever wanted to contribute to a Free Software
initiative and get into packaging, now might be the time ;)

We would of course support you as much as we can.

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist