[Kolab-devel] Kolab3 on Mageia update

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Dec 16 16:11:00 CET 2012

On 2012-12-16 01:58, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> I would really appreciate some hints. (BTW, there is an old kolab2
> installed on this system)
>
> Confirm Kolab Service password:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   (...snip...)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_ldap.py", line
> 398, in execute
>   (...snip...)
> ldap.INVALID_DN_SYNTAX: {'info': 'invalid DN', 'desc': 'Invalid DN
> syntax'}

What setup-kolab is attempting to do here is add the 'cyrus-admin'
account to LDAP (using ou=Special Users).

You can examine the DN it is attempting to use at [1], which is:

   dn = 'uid=%s,ou=Special Users,%s' % (conf.get('cyrus-imap',
'admin_login'), _input['rootdn'])

Because of the LDAP error suggesting an invalid DN syntax, I suspect
that

   conf.get('cyrus-imap', 'admin_login')

is not resolving to an actual string, the DN therefore becoming
"uid=,ou=Special Users,dc=example,dc=org" - this would be an invalid DN
syntax.

You mentioned there is currently also kolab2 installed on the system,
so I would check /etc/kolab/kolab.conf (if that is the configuration
file you are using, it is normally shipped as part of the pykolab
package, and this is the default location for pykolab to load the
configuration from), and see if it is of the Kolab 3 format, it indeed
has a 'cyrus-imap' INI section, and 'admin_login' is indeed a key (by
default, with value 'cyrus-admin').

You may want to repeat a setup-kolab run with '-d 9', which will be
very verbose, and exposes what commands are actually being executed
against the LDAP server (through protocol tracing).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1]
http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/tree/pykolab/setup/setup_ldap.py?h=pykolab-0.5#n383