[Kolab-devel] Kolab3.0beta/Debian: Sending mail from Roundcube fails

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Dec 7 15:00:02 CET 2012

On 2012-12-06 17:37, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> Perhaps you're interested in giving it a spin (on a throw-away test
> system)? If you are, let me know, and I'll push something out to a
> development branch in pykolab.

In further news, just in case somebody is interested:

List the managed settings in imapd.conf(5):

> # kolab conf file-list-settings --file=/etc/imapd.conf
>> - admins
>> - altnamespace
>> - unixhierarchysep
>> - proxyservers (Roles: imap-server-backend)
>> - proxy_authname (Roles: imap-server-frontend)
>> - proxy_password (Roles: imap-server-frontend)
>> - serverlist (Roles: imap-server-frontend)
>> - deletedprefix

Show the current setting for flushseenstate (not a managed setting!) in
imapd.conf(5):

> # grep flushseenstate /etc/imapd.conf
>> flushseenstate: 1

Now make it a managed setting with value '0', and apply that:

> # kolab conf file-add-setting --file=/etc/imapd.conf
> --key=flushseenstate --value=0
> # kolab conf file-apply-settings --file=/etc/imapd.conf
> # grep flushseenstate /etc/imapd.conf
>> flushseenstate: 0

Set the value back to '1' and apply that:

> # kolab conf file-set-setting --file=/etc/imapd.conf
> --key=flushseenstate --value=1
> # kolab conf file-apply-settings --file=/etc/imapd.conf
> # grep flushseenstate /etc/imapd.conf
>> flushseenstate: 1

List the managed settings in imapd.conf(5) with their values:

> # kolab conf file-list-settings --file=/etc/imapd.conf --values
>> - admins
>>      Value: cyrus-admin
>> - altnamespace
>>      Value: 1
>> - unixhierarchysep
>>      Value: 1
>> - proxy_authname (Roles: imap-server-frontend)
>>      Value: cyrus-murder
>> - proxy_password (Roles: imap-server-frontend)
>>      Value: ****
>> - deletedprefix
>>      Value: DELETED
>> - flushseenstate
>>      Value: 1
>> - proxyservers (Roles: imap-server-backend)
>>      Function: list_users_by_role("cyrus-proxyserver", "uid")
>> - serverlist (Roles: imap-server-frontend)
>>      Function: list_nodes_by_role('imap-server-backend')

Note that these last two settings, 'proxyservers' and 'serverlist'
would get their values from a function call, and please also note that
the 'proxyservers' setting only applies to nodes with an
'imap-server-backend' role, while the 'serverlist' setting only applies
to nodes with an 'imap-server-frontend' role.

List the roles for the current node:

> # kolab conf node-list-roles
>> - web-server
>> - mta
>> - imap-server
>> - ldap-server

List the managed files on this node:

> # kolab conf node-list-files
>> - /etc/roundcubemail/main.inc.php (cheetah)
>> - /etc/postfix/main.cf
>> - /etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf
>> - /etc/postfix/ldap/local_recipient_maps.cf
>> - /etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf
>> - /etc/imapd.conf

List the services that run on this node:

> # kolab conf node-list-services
>> - freebusy
>> - kolab-webadmin
>> - roundcube
>> - httpd
>> - postfix
>> - amavisd
>> - wallace
>> - cyrus-imapd
>> - dirsrv
>> - dirsrv-admin

List the managed settings on this node:

> # kolab conf node-list-settings
>> File /etc/roundcubemail/main.inc.php
>>     ldap_group_filter
>> File /etc/postfix/main.cf
>>     mydestination
>>     local_recipient_maps
>>     virtual_alias_maps
>>     smtpd_sender_restrictions
>>     smtpd_sender_login_maps
>>     smtpd_sasl_auth_enable
>> File /etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf
>>     server_host
>>     server_port
>>     bind_dn
>>     bind_pw
>>     version
>>     base_dn
>>     search_filter
>>     search_scope
>>     result_attribute
>> File /etc/postfix/ldap/local_recipient_maps.cf
>>     server_host
>>     server_port
>>     version
>>     base_dn
>>     search_filter
>>     search_scope
>>     result_attribute
>> File /etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf
>>     server_host
>>     server_port
>>     version
>>     base_dn