[Kolab-devel] OU Selection in "Add Users"

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Dec 3 14:41:14 CET 2012

On 2012-12-03 13:03, furlot wrote:
> On 2012-11-30 01:29:08, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote :
>> On 2012-11-29 22:35, Mat Cantin wrote:
>>> /  Since one can create multiple domains, which in turn create their
>>> own
>> />/  OU
>> />/  in the LDAP directory, is it possible to select a different OU
>> when
>> />/  creating a user? Currently the default OU is the only one
>> available
>> />/  for
>> />/  selection.
>> />/  /
>> If you have multiple OUs under ou=People, then these would be listed
>> as
>> options there.
>>
>> We have no interface to add/edit organizational units, but the
>> following should do the trick:
>>
>> $ cat >>/tmp/new-ou.ldif<<EOF
>> dn: ou=New OU,ou=People,dc=example,dc=org
>> objectclass: top
>> objectclass: organizationalunit
>> ou: New OU
>> EOF
>> $ ldapadd -x -h localhost -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w **** -f
>> /tmp/new-ou.ldif
>
> I think Mat mean to say that if you add an new domain in Webadmin you
> can't select this new domain in the add user function.
> In "Add User" you can only select Organizational Unit
> "people,firstdomain.org", you don't have "people, newdomain.org"
> whereas ou=People,dc=newdomain,dc=org" exist in ldap directory.

Right - when adding a domain, /etc/kolab/kolab.conf must be updated to
include, at the very least:

[newdomain.org]
base_dn = dc=newdomain,dc=org

Also, you may want to log off and back in to the web admin, at which
point you'll find a domain selector including the primary domain and the
new domain in the top right corner.

First select the domain to operate against there, than add a user to
the new domain.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen