[Kolab-devel] Update on Documentation for OpenPKG upgrade process

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Aug 16 01:41:54 CEST 2012

Hi there,

Now that we've gotten some upgrade path issues out of the way, I've
added a preliminary version of upgrade path documentation to the
docs.kolab.org Administrator Guide[1], including the migration of IMAP
data from an OpenPKG installation to a Kolab 3.0 alpha1 installation,
and the Kolab format upgrade to version 3.

I can repeat this progress myself successfully, but that is not to say
it Just Works(TM) for you too. I would like you to test upgrade paths
for the systems you have deployed as well, so we can add to the
documentation before we declare it (Kolab 3.0 and the documentation)
golden.

Also, help is appreciated in building the documentation to migrate LDAP
data, as I'm almost certain there's lots of varieties of things out
there.

I have to recommend that - while this documentation is still being
worked on - no production systems are actually going to be upgraded, so
I hope you're able to install an additional system.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1]
http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-Upgrading_from_Kolab_2_on_OpenPKG.html