[Kolab-devel] New release: kolab-webadmin-3.0.0

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Aug 12 12:13:32 CEST 2012

Hi there,

We have released version 3.0.0 of the Kolab Webadmin.

This is a bug-fix and enhancement release, as up and until today we've
included only development snapshots in Kolab 3.0 (alpha1).

This release can be downloaded from the following location:

  http://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/snapshot/kolab-webadmin-3.0.0.tar.gz

The most important changes are:

- The domain name space selection box displayed on login has been removed
again.

This was a temporary work-around for multi-domain deployments, that allowed a
user to log in to one of the domains available. We have now settled on a
convention in which specifying @domain as part of the login username will
attempt to log the user in to that domain, and if no domain is specified, a
login attempt against the primary domain will be attempted.

Users will basically log in with their uid at domain, or full mail or alias email
addresses, if they are not in the primary domain.

- The log system is overhauled, and now allows for trace, debug, info, warning
and error messages to be logged separately, and without code modification -
whereas previously, to get trace information, all console() calls needed to be
uncommented.

  This introduces a new setting available in the [kolab_wap] section of
/etc/kolab/kolab.conf, named "debug_mode". Set this to a string of either
trace, debug, info, warning or error (with the default being "error").

- A preliminary interface for registration with Hosted Kolab deployments is
included. Manual intervention is required to fully deploy and enable this
interface, including a database schema update, for which testing and
documentation is pending.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--