[Kolab-devel] Status of the libkolabxml php bindings

Alexander Haensch alexander.haensch at ipc.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Aug 7 14:04:44 CEST 2012

Okay the problem was the swig version 2.0.4.
After upgrading to 2.0.7 the problem is gone.
Seems that Swig-2.0.7 is needed.
thanks Christian.

Alexander

On 08/06/2012 11:44 AM, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> On Monday 06 August 2012 11.13:07 Alexander Haensch wrote:
>> Today we use the horde php libs.
>> But now we are interested to use the libkolabxml with php bindings.
>> We face the problem that the SWIG script is not detecting the php
>> installation so it is not installing the php-bindings.
>> If we force the detection to be true, we get compilation errors.
>> How is the status of the php bindings?
>> We tested these compilations:
>> Package from KDE development tree in Gentoo. 0.6.0 and self packaged 0.7.0
>> manual install on gentoo. 0.6.0 and 0.7.0
>> ubuntu 0.7.0
> Hi Alexander,
>
> The PHP bindings should be working and are stable (they are already being used
> with roundcube). To find PHP we're relying on the FindPHP4.cmake script shipped
> with cmake and require a minimum php version of 5.3.
>
> Can you post the cmake output? I'm don't know where the problem could be, but
> it should definitely be possible to use it on Gentoo.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian
>
>> Alexander

Dipl. Chem. Alexander Haensch
AG Weimar
Institute of Theoretical and Physical Chemistry
Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
Auf der Morgenstelle 15
72076 Tuebingen
Germany