[Kolab-devel] Status of the libkolabxml php bindings

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Mon Aug 6 11:44:54 CEST 2012

On Monday 06 August 2012 11.13:07 Alexander Haensch wrote:
> Today we use the horde php libs.
> But now we are interested to use the libkolabxml with php bindings.
> We face the problem that the SWIG script is not detecting the php
> installation so it is not installing the php-bindings.
> If we force the detection to be true, we get compilation errors.
> How is the status of the php bindings?
> We tested these compilations:
> Package from KDE development tree in Gentoo. 0.6.0 and self packaged 0.7.0
> manual install on gentoo. 0.6.0 and 0.7.0
> ubuntu 0.7.0

Hi Alexander,

The PHP bindings should be working and are stable (they are already being used
with roundcube). To find PHP we're relying on the FindPHP4.cmake script shipped
with cmake and require a minimum php version of 5.3.

Can you post the cmake output? I'm don't know where the problem could be, but
it should definitely be possible to use it on Gentoo.

Cheers,
Christian