[Kolab-devel] new accounts can't log in

Doug Finch dfinch at bynari.net
Wed Sep 14 21:54:00 CEST 2011

We have recently encountered this issue - after account creation, the users are unable to log in.  If we restart the kolabd daemon, the users can then access their accounts.

It appears that when a new user entry is seen in LDAP, kolabd is not always doing its job of creating the mailbox in Cyrus.  The suggested fix, on the Kolab wiki is to simply restart the kolabd daemon.  What is the real "source" of the problem here?  When is this going to be fixed?

The wiki article I'm referencing is here:  http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_LDAP

Doug Finch
CTO
222 W Las Colinas Blvd, Suite 1540E
Irving, Tx  75039
http://www.bynari.net
(800)241-1086
Check out our YouTube videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BynariTX
The Leader in messaging and collaboration software