[Kolab-devel] Branch '2.3-stable' - 2 commits - kolabd/kolabd.spec release-notes.txt

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 14 14:00:04 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 14 September 2011 10:21:51 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Quoting Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:
> > kolabd/kolabd.spec |    6 +++---
> >
> >  release-notes.txt  |   12 ------------
> >
> > New commits:
> > commit 0e8e44b895887ae349f3db9dadb3af36e390670c
> > Author: Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>
> > Date:   Tue Sep 13 19:04:15 2011 +0200
> >
> >     Revert "Require the PHP filter module."
> >
> >     This reverts commit a59de23c20253f613ac55edc4293798f96f8928d because
> >     it should never have happened in 2.3-stable but in the 'horde4'
> >     branch.
>
> *Absolutely not*.

Why not? What is the rationale to have this in 2.3-stable?

> Why has this been reverted without further communication?

There was no time for communication, I am releasing 2.3.3.

Let me explain my decision:

1. Changes for Horde 4 have nothing to do in '2.3-stable'. 2.3-stable is a
branch for bugfixing *only*. That's why you have your own 'horde4' branch.

2. As there were no functional changes in kolabd there is no reason for an
update, we just continue with kolabd 2.3.2 instead of forcing our users to
download and update more than required. Now that I am to release 2.3.3, this
means I tag 2.3.3 in git. The tag *MUST* match with what we ship and thus I
*had* to revert your changes.

3. Changing kolabd to force building the php filter module was the wrong
approach. kolabd does not need the module but Horde 4 does. Therefor your
Horde 4 packages should require it, not kolabd.

4. If you had done this change in the Makefile of php and apache-php or in
install-kolab.sh, it would have been in 2.3.3 without any changes because both
got updated. Your change would have just slipped in without any hassle for me
or our users, but the way you choose was not acceptable.

Please note that I did not revert the changes in php and apache-php, so you
can easily enable the filter module at any time.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert