[Kolab-devel] NEW KEP: KEP #14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 1 14:37:46 CEST 2011

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2011 13.19:26 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > I agree strictly speaking only the "include" capability is required for
> > this  KEP, and perhaps a different KEP would outline different features
> > and recommended or even mandatory implementations or Sieve extensions to
> > use.
>
> Actually Christoph in conversation also suggested he'd like to see
> something like a reference guide as to which functions should be
> supported, and how they should be used, to allow one Sieve editor to parse
> the output of another Sieve editor, so users can edit the same script with
> different editors.
>
> That would definitely be worthwhile.
>
> But it would definitely also completely overreach the intention of this
> KEP, so my suggestion would be to focus KEP 14 on the non-conflicting
> mechanism, and then start another KEP with capabilities and canonical
> approaches to Sieve usage within Kolab.

Fair enough.

Who will write this KEP?

Note it is somewhat of a KEP #10 (Kolab SMTP Access Policy); Both the
functional component of server-side message filtering *as is* currently
featured with a Kolab deployment as well as perhaps new features would need to
be addressed.

Last time I tried (KEP #10) it seemed to have caused more confusion than it
cleared up what was to be expected of a Kolab SMTP Access Policy, so I'm
definitely not volunteering for this one.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG