[Kolab-devel] NEW KEP: KEP #14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 1 14:32:43 CEST 2011

Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> On 01.09.2011 10:12, Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> > include /* Roundcube */ :personal "real_script_name";
>
> while include extension is still a draft, maybe we should propose its
> extension with following syntax:
>
> include :personal "real_script_name" :client "Roundcube";
>
> And while on RFC changes, managesieve's LISTSCRIPTS and PUTSCRIPT could
> also support :client parameter. That would be great.

What is to be gained with this?

Sieve is a server-side filtering language, and *nothing* related to the actual
filtering of messages on the server-side has anything to do with the client(s)
that may or may not have put a script in a certain location.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG