[Kolab-devel] NEW KEP: KEP #14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 1 14:19:26 CEST 2011

Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> On 01.09.2011 13:49, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> > I would like to include a list of extensions that MUST be included /
> > allowed on the server-side for certain functionality to work, such as;
> >
> > - http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5230 (Sieve Vacation Extension)
>
> While this feature could be used to include individual vacation script,
> this is NOT required. We need only "inlcude" capability for this KEP.

It is an example of a script that could be required for the desired
functionality, but perhaps there is alternatives.

I agree strictly speaking only the "include" capability is required for this
KEP, and perhaps a different KEP would outline different features and
recommended or even mandatory implementations or Sieve extensions to use.

> > - http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5231 (Sieve Relational Extension)
>
> This is not related at all.

I know, it was just an example of one Sieve extension probably not required
for any functionality.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--