[Kolab-devel] KEP #11: Development and Release process outline

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 1 12:58:45 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 16.39:55 Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Other than that the KEP is fine and gets +1 from my side. More suggestions
> and comments anybody?

It looks good to me, although like you I share a certain reservation towards
the Monday-heaviness. Mondays tend to be the most difficult days for some of
these things because people are busy catching up with weekend backlogs and
then trying to do what they were actually trying to do that day.

So Mondays tend to be the least available days for most.

Also, releasing on Monday means preparing the release on Sunday, so I'd rather
move it to any of Tuesday through Friday for practical reasons. Releasing the
community version on a Friday seems useful in so far as people have the
weekend to test and give feedback so that on Monday we can go straight into
fixing whatever has broken...

Best regards,
Georg

--