[Kolab-devel] Announcing the Kolab Server 2.3.4

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Wed Oct 5 20:15:04 CEST 2011

This time we had a short cycle and only a few updated packages, but I really
wanted to get the 2.3.4 release out the door. It fixes not only the annoying
build error that affected many people but also includes another fix for the
TLS vulnerability in the Apache webserver.

SECURITY UPDATES

- apache: Security update to 2.2.21 fixing CVE-2011-3192

BUGFIXES

- imapd: The build error in imapd was fixed.
- kolab-webadmin: The ActiveSync configuration is back again.
- kolab-z-push: New version with bugfixes for various Nokia phones.
- z-push: New upstream version with many bugfixes.

NEW FEATUES

- none

For a complete list of changes please refer to
http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.3.4/sources/release-
notes.txt

UPGRADING

The upgrade form 2.3.3 is straight forward, there is nothing special you need
to care about.

If you are upgrading from 2.2.4, please follow the instructions to upgrade
from 2.2.4 to 2.3.0 as outlined in
http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.3.1/sources/1st.README

DOWNLOADS

Binary packages for Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Squeeze/stable) and 5.0
(Lenny/oldstable) on x86 platforms can be found next to the sources.

As soon as they have synced, you can also use the the mirrors listed on
http://kolab.org/mirrors.html

You can check the integrity of the downloaded files by importing our file
distribution key and verify the OpenPGP signature and SHA1 checksums:

$ wget https://ssl.intevation.de/Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --import Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --verify SHA1SUMS.sig
$ sha1sum -c SHA1SUMS

BUGS

Please report bugs in our bug tracker at https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/