[Kolab-devel] Kolab issue tracker situation

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Wed Nov 9 13:43:50 CET 2011

Hi,

I've started to learn kolab this week for my bachelor thesis work about
calendaring standards vs. REST. I found a couple of minor issues here and
there and wanted to fill issues in the issue tracker (and also help out
fixing).

Now the issue tracker itself seems to be a major issue. Many more then 1000
unresolved issues means that the issue tracker isn't used as it should or
isn't usable. And a project without an issue tracker is a nightmare.

What do you think about the situation? What's the status? Can I help out? I've
administrator experience with Mantis and Flyspray so far and evaluated a few
other systems. I know there's no such thing (yet) as a great free issue
tracker.

Others that might be worth a lock, all of them distributed commandline tools:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-SD/
https://github.com/andychilton/cil
http://bugseverywhere.org
or Debian's bug tracking software debbugs

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro