[Kolab-devel] Thoughts on Caching for Integrated Apps

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Tue May 10 22:48:10 CEST 2011

Gunnar Wrobel a écrit :
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> Zitat von "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
>

>> Hello there,
>>
>> I figured some of you may have a level of interest in;
>>
>>   http://planet.ergo-project.org/blog/jmeeuwen/2011/04/16/thoughts-kolab-
>> and-3rd-party-application-caching
>>

> All of the suggestions would mean we would move away from the IMAP
> protocol. And that would severely limit the options that you have when
> it comes to choosing the backend. Right now it can be any IMAP server
> and I consider that very important.

Hello   all
Evry intersting Jereon but there are some info that are at a high level
and that we need to access quickly and retrieve quickly the info
example :
I want Events for May
I want recurring events who end in June..
these query without cache are almost impossible because the info is only
in the XML  file.  The Cache should have the ability to retrieve
quickly these datas.
there is for example the case for zpush with the cut of date the select
would be like that :
SELECT events WHERE enddate <= mycutoffdate

ALain
Regards