[Kolab-devel] Status of Kolab 2.3

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Thu Mar 31 03:38:29 CEST 2011

On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 08:28:39 am Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011, 15:09:06 schrieb Alex Potter:
> > Have you come across the miniperl issue on natty?
>
> Nope. Please.... don't :(
>
> One more reason to get rid of OpenPKG. 2.3.x will be the last release on
> OpenPKG. For a smooth transition we'll also offer native deb and rpm
> packages. For Kolab 3 OpenPKG will be phased out.
>
> > Or do you want me to raise it?
>
> Yes please. However I will not accept and fix it in 2.3.0 but in 2.3.1 or
> later.
>
> > If so,  at issues.kolab.org or bugzilla?
>
> bugzilla.kolabsys.com please, component "packaging - openpkg", then it gets
> assigned to me directly.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Native installation:
Has the kolab-webadmin been updated to php-smarty 3
If not, the native installation will not work in most of the spring releases.
As the maintainer, I will soon need to make a decision if we should remove the
native kolab packages from the distros, Mageia and Mandriva.
Is there a roadmap when the php files will be updated to smarty 3?
--
Thomas