[Kolab-devel] Status of Kolab 2.3

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Mar 21 17:02:18 CET 2011

Am Freitag, 18. März 2011, 17:17:42 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> Hello Kolab people,
>
> I know you are all patiently waiting for Kolab 2.3 and I'm sorry to
> disappoint you. Initially it was scheduled for CeBIT, then I wanted to
> have it ready for Chemnitzer Linuxtage this weekend, but due to some
> severe problems OpenPKG itself I had to delay the release.
>
> So the bad news is that you wont have Kolab this weekend, but there also is
> a couple of good news:
> * We solved all Kolab 2.3 blockers and a good amount of the targets.
> * There is a whole lot more fixes in my hard drive that.
> * I managed to fix the OpenPKG problems, I only have to check the changes
> in and then build everything.

Someone asked me for more infos on the problems and I think it's better to
answer that question on the mailing list than rather to people individually.

The issues fixed by my OpenPKG update are:
https://issues.kolab.org/issue4531
https://issues.kolab.org/issue4693
https://issues.kolab.org/issue4377

These issues are especially important for the new releases of Debian and
Ubuntu.

Stay tuned for the Kolab 2.3 release tomorrow.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert