[Kolab-devel] Kontact E5 questions

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Fri Jun 24 13:12:30 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2011, 16:20:34 schrieb Geoff Nordli:
> >Hi Geoff,
> >
> >Am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2011 23:56:40 schrieb Geoff Nordli:
> >> I installed E5 again on Windows 7 64bit to see what functionality
> >> currently exists.  As a bonus the client looks really pretty.  J
> >
> >thanks for trying. I assume you've tried RouchCut Version
> >Kolab-E5RC-2011-06-15-19-24.exe as linked from
> >http://wiki.kolab.org/Kontact_for_Windows_(Enterprise-5)
>
> Yes, that is the version I installed.

Hi,

I also installed Kontact E5, however the 32 Bit version on Windows XP. I
noticed some additional issues:
- shutting down the client (full shutdown in the file menu) does not work.
- closing and reopening the client usually does not work, the windows session
has to be closed in order to allow for a restart of the application.
- Notes are now handled by the "kjots" part. However, notes taken with that
component can not be seen on Linux/KDE clients that use the old knotes
components. Notes taken in Linux/KDE with knotes do appear as raw rich text in
windows, all tags are displayed and no formatting is done. Very annoying, as
all lists get completely unreadable.
The last points regarding the notes also happens with an earlier KDEPIM beta
version I tested on ubuntu linux a few weeks ago.

Are any of these issues known?

Best regards
Heiner