[Kolab-devel] Renaming LDAP attribute and implementing functionality

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Jun 29 20:29:46 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I would like to propose renaming the following LDAP attribute:

- kolabAllowSMTPFrom

to:

- kolabAllowSMTPSender

in order to make it more consistent with kolabAllowSMTPRecipient then the old
name, kolabAllowSMTPFrom, used to be.

I'm not aware of

Both LDAP attributes should, subsequently, get a new description as well;

For kolabAllowSMTPRecipient:

# Describes the allowed or disallowed smtp recipient addresses for mail sent
# by the user associated with the LDAP object this attribute is associated
with.
#
# If this attribute is not set for a user or distribution group,
# no Kolab recipient access policy is applied.

For kolabAllowSMTPSender:

# Describes the allowed or disallowed smtp envelope sender addresses used for
# the recipient this attribute is associated with.
#
# If this attribute is not set for a user or distribution group,
# no Kolab sender access policy is applied.

Furthermore, as I'm unaware of any current program using it, I would like to
actually implement kolabAllowSMTPSender to provide the functionality stated in
the aforementioned description.

I would then also like to add the attributes to the list of allowed attributes
for the following object classes:

- kolabSharedFolder
- kolabGroupOfUniqueNames
- kolabGroupOfUrls

Afterwards, I'd like to implement a conversion for both attributes, to have
them both allow:

- Regular Expressions,
- Distinguished Names,
- Search Queries.