[Kolab-devel] [issue4752] Adress book confusion

Christoph Wickert issues at kolab.org
Tue Jun 28 19:27:35 CEST 2011

There is some confusion about my address books: I have two address books, one is
'Contacts' the other is 'Kontakte'. The first is what Kontact uses, the other is
empty. From a file system perspective this is correct 'Kontakte' indeed is empty.

I wonder why I have this address book in first place. It was created November
20, 2010. At this time our server was still on 2.2.3. Could be it was Kontact
that created it while I was experimenting with akonadi, so I don't consider this
really a problem that needs to be treated here.

What needs fixing however is:
1. When I try to delete 'Kontakte' Horde returns "This address book cannot be
deleted".

2. 'Contacts' is not my address book but user/shared/Contacts. I cannot access
private address book.

3. I deleted the folder 'Kontakte' in Kontact. When I logged into Horde again, I
had a new address book called 'Contacts'. I can now access my private address
book, however I cannot distinguish private and shared address books. Paul
complained about this problem, too.

I guess (I cannot look it up any more), the folder 'Kontakte' had folder-type:
contact.default, so Horde refused to delete it. Maybe it was Kontact/akonadi
that incorrectly created a 2nd folder with this type although there already was
one. But I set 'Contacts' default for new contacts in Horde, at this point Horde
should have removed contact.default from 'Kontakte', right?

assignedto: wrobel
keyword: webclient
messages: 27994
nosy: padams, thomas, wickert, wilde, wrobel
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Adress book confusion