[Kolab-devel] Kontact E5 questions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 22 10:34:26 CEST 2011

Hi Geoff,

Am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2011 23:56:40 schrieb Geoff Nordli:
> I installed E5 again on Windows 7 64bit to see what functionality currently
> exists.  As a bonus the client looks really pretty.  J

thanks for trying. I assume you've tried RouchCut Version
Kolab-E5RC-2011-06-15-19-24.exe as linked from
http://wiki.kolab.org/Kontact_for_Windows_(Enterprise-5)

> Is there documentation anywhere that describes how to configure it with a
> Kolab server?

Just select "Kolab Server" in the account wizard with your address,
server and password. That should set up things nicely.
Help us to improve the documentation starting in the wiki,
if you need more. Probably pointers to other documentation
would be cool to have there as well.

> How do I configure it so the calendar and tasks list pull from the Kolab
> Server?

See above.

> Can I configure Notebooks and Popup Notes to be stored on the Kolab server
> too?

Yes, done by default.

> Do I need to configure a SMTP connection to send email out from the client?

Will be done by default. You can configure more SMTP outgoing connections
manually, if you like.

> How do I configure the client so when I type an email address it does
> "auto-complete"?  It seems I need to query ldap for that, but there is no
> ldap client for Kontact on Windows.

As far as I remember this is currently not fully implemented on window.
If it works, the account wizard will enter your Kolab Server as first
directory server to query.

> Can I do S/MIME?

The current roughcut version and gpg4win versions slightly missmatch. All the
functions are there, once this has been matched S/MIME will work as nicely as
everywhere with Kontact.

Best,
Bernhard
--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member