[Kolab-devel] problem with issue tracker?

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 28 14:54:00 CEST 2011

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> > I posted to the first working Kolab Bug Tracker I found.  I didn't
> > realise there were two.  Assuming issues.kolab.org is no longer in use,
> > should it not be redirected to the new bugzilla or at least have a
> > message saying "don't post new bugs here"?
>
> I've recently reported a few bugs on issues.kolab.org.
>
> Is this the wrong place?  Do I need to re-enter them on
> http://bugzilla.kolabsys.com?

Hi Gavin,

I understand the confusion, please bear with us ;-)

You do not need to re-enter any bugs.

Our attention is on issues logged on both issue trackers.

Bugzilla is currently in active use for issues related to 1) Kolab Systems'
native packaging effort, 2) Development and 3,..) a variety of other things
such as the authoring and execution of test cases against certain types of
environments and builds of the software (hence the use of the Testopia
extension).

In the grander scheme of things, issues.kolab.org is supposed to become the
legacy issue tracker, but the who, what and how exactly has been subject of a
number of discussions on whether or not to migrate the data over, and I feel
we're in a gridlock on this -I'd rather not migrate the data 1:1, as it
generates Bugzilla's capabilities useless, but only pick up those issues that
are interesting for the future, and keep issues.kolab.org around as-is, but in
a read-only fashion.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--