[Kolab-devel] problem with issue tracker?

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 28 08:09:19 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 27 July 2011 19:07:02 Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> > I posted to the first working Kolab Bug Tracker I found.  I didn't
> > realise there were two.  Assuming issues.kolab.org is no longer in use,
> > should it not be redirected to the new bugzilla or at least have a
> > message saying "don't post new bugs here"?
>
> I've recently reported a few bugs on issues.kolab.org.
>
> Is this the wrong place?  Do I need to re-enter them on
> http://bugzilla.kolabsys.com?

Hi Gavin,

don't worry, this is not necessary.

ATM we have two bug trackers because Roundup (issues.kolab.org) didn't match
our (Kolab Systems) requirements and we like Bugzilla better. However we have
not yet agreed on a strategy to migrate the old bug tracker to the new one.
There is still a couple of questions to be resolved:

1. Do we use Bugzilla for everything or only the server? Roundup also includes
quite a lot of Kontact Enterprise bugs.
2. (How) do we migrate old bugs over to the new bug tracker?
3. (How) do we redirect old URLs to the new tracker?

We won't migrate until these questions are resolved but I'd encourage
everybody to use Bugzilla.

Regards,
Christoph

--