[Kolab-devel] Fwd: New KEP #10: Kolab SMTP Access Policy

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Thu Jul 14 14:38:04 CEST 2011

Sorry, managed to send this to Jeroen personally but it was meant to
go to the list as well.

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org> -----
   Datum: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:36:39 +0200
     Von: Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>
Betreff: Re: [Kolab-devel] New KEP #10: Kolab SMTP Access Policy
      An: "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>

Hi Jeroen,

Quoting "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I've written an informational KEP on Kolab's SMTP Access Policy,
> which I would
> like you to review;
>
>  http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Kanarip/Draft:Kolab_SMTP_Access_Policy

currently the wording of the KEP gives me the impression that is a
description of the current status quo on the Kolab Server. I admit
that I lacked the time to validate if you describe the current
mechanisms or if there is any change to the current policies involved.
If there is no change I wonder if there is any need for a KEP. If
there is a change to the current procedures and code involved I would
expect this to be highlighted in the KEP. Pretty much like Georg also
described the associated upgrade path and possible incompatibilites in
most of his KEPs.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Thank you in advance,