[Kolab-devel] Bynari Connector receives the first "Certified for Kolab" mark by Kolab Systems

Paul James Adams adams at kolabsys.com
Fri Jan 28 09:54:51 CET 2011

Kolab Systems and Bynari are glad to announce the successful certification of
the Bynari Connector for the Kolab Groupware Solution.

This is the first product certification granted under the "Certified for Kolab"
programme by Kolab Systems which allows third party vendors to obtain
certification for Kolab technology that is based on meaningful test plans and
scenarios.

"We're very happy to have received this certification," says Doug Finch, VP for
IT at Bynari. "The Kolab Technology which also underpins our Connector as well
as many of our new products is uniquely powerful and adaptable. Successfully
completing the Kolab Systems certification assures our customers of getting our
proven Outlook Connector with the certification of a qualified but neutral 3rd
party. Bynari’s Outlook Connector is also the only one to have successfully
undergone such a rigorous certification process."

Dr. Paul Adams, COO of Kolab Systems comments: "It is a great pleasure to
provide Bynari with this deserved certification. Our staff spent numerous days
on running the Bynari Connector through a test plan based on real-life
scenarios. They did this on no less than six different combinations of commonly
used versions of Microsoft Windows and Outlook. Our findings have been
published and with pleasure we certify that we found the Bynari Connector to
address all areas it targets."

"Naturally this kind of certification is available to all vendors incorporating
Kolab Technologies into their products, and Kolab Systems will be happy to
work with all parties to ensure the maximum consistency and quality in the
Kolab Enterprise Community," concludes Georg Greve, CEO of Kolab Systems.

- About the Kolab Groupware Solution

The Kolab Groupware Solution is a cross-platform personal information
management (PIM) solution with strong security, privacy and a unique design
allowing very large deployments and federated groupware deployments. Its
flexibility makes Kolab an ideal candidate for integration into existing
infrastructures of any kind as well as a wide array of products.

- About Bynari

Bynari is a Linux pioneer that has accumulated an unmatched expertise in email
and messaging software since 1999.  In addition to developing state of the
art, carrier grade complete collaboration suites, Bynari also develops many
stand-alone products around the Kolab platform and Service Providers to enable
Exchange-like groupware sharing in Outlook with IMAP servers. These tools
allow collaboration with a broad range of mail servers, web clients and email
clients.Bynari offers an array of products to facilitate messaging and
collaboration across the globe. From the robust, highly scalable Kolab based
collaboration suite "BCS" to the unique connector technology that provides a
complete suite of features and functions to share Outlook clients (2003-2010)
with open source Linux IMAP or LDAP Servers. Bynari’s products allow sharing
of groupware features with Outlook and any email clients that support
iCalendar and vCard. Bynari also provides middleware products that enable
other software applications to share calendars, contacts, tasks, and
seamlessly integrate email with the Outlook client.

- About Kolab Systems

Founded in Zürich in 2010, Kolab Systems AG is the global leader in Kolab
Technology. Together with its partners in the Kolab Enterprise Community,
Kolab Systems provides quality assurance, integration, support, training,
certification of individuals and third-party products, as well as ongoing
development for the Kolab Groupware Solution. The strong partnering model and
a highly competent enterprise community provides users of the Kolab Groupware
Solution with the right level of professional consulting, support and
warranties to enable productivity and collaboration.

To automatically receive announcements and updates from Kolab Systems, please
subscribe to our media release mailing list: