[Kolab-devel] pear.kolab.org and module thoughts

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Jan 19 12:11:37 CET 2011

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,

Hi Gunnar,

> Zitat von "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> > I hope my statements in this light make a little more sense?
>
> Yes, they do. I would say we fully agree on the direction the packages
> should take.

Excellent!

Let's continue with the naming convention, which would impact us right from
the beginning;

I suppose if a generic module is called Kolab_Cache, then it's backend
specific routines are either in Kolab/Cache/$tech.php or in seperate
Kolab_Cache_$tech modules -reasonable?

Here's a small culprit, continuing with Kolab_Cache as the example:

I suppose then if one or the other library is $app-specific on top of our more
generic Kolab_Cache module, the name would be $app_Kolab_Cache, but, should
$app already have it's own $app_Cache lib/module, 'Kolab' might just be the
specific implementation of that cache, like with Kolab_Cache_MongoDB if you
will.

What do you think?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen