[Kolab-devel] Time zone issues with Kontact 4.7.X

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Dec 20 17:28:13 CET 2011

On Tuesday 20 December 2011 15.22:11 Heiner Markert wrote:
> I hope someone can help me understanding what's going on, and how the
> problem  could eventually be solved.

We've discussed this in great length for KEP 2:

 http://wiki.kolab.org/KEP:2

They are right: the actual solution is in changing the time storage format.

That is why it will enter

 http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17

for Kolab 3.0

  http://blogs.fsfe.org/greve/?p=470

in which it will be fully resolved.

Until then I guess a workaround in the Akonadi Kolab Agent might be possible,
but would be a bit of work for which we have no available resource right now
as we're focussing on 3.0.

If this problem hits any professional users / anyone's customers, we'd be
willing to reallocate resources to provide a workaround, but will likely not
be able to do so for free.

Sorry for not having better news on this item.

But on the other hand you could participate in the Kolab 3.0 effort so we can
release it as soon as possible. :)

Best regards,
Georg

--