[Kolab-devel] Documentation Review: Combating Spam

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Dec 16 11:24:10 CET 2011

On 2011-12-16 8:56, Soliva Andrea comcept.ch User wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> one hint probably which will help.....as you wrote correctly the
> corpus for the bayes db will fit only if the db itself has 200
> entries
> in it. To get a good corpus to start you can use following example
> emails:
>
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/publiccorpus/
>
> extract it and deliver it to the ham or spam mailfolder as run
> sa-learn....I did this for every customer and it fits really good. It
> gives you a really good corpus to start. This only as a hint how to
> fill up first time the bayes db.

Preseeding the Bayes database indeed is a nice way of getting
SpamAssassin started right-away. Thank you for the hint, I'll
incorporate the procedure on how to do it in a few minutes.

> Not that I worry about but all this stuff was documented within the
> Wiki of kolab for about 2 years including your stuff and much more
> but
> it seems that my site within the wiki was gone (do not know why). If
> you look within google for "kolab ; solaris" you will still find the
> link but as mentioned it is not anymore there
> (http://wiki.kolab.org/Solaris).

Spam, again, removed the contents of the page - I've just rolled back
that change and your version is now back up.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG