[Kolab-devel] RE :Re: Z-push most common issue with duplicate UID

Alain.abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Wed Dec 14 22:37:25 CET 2011

Hello
I mean kolab uid not imap uid

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy S II d'Orange

 a écrit :

"Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> schrieb:

>On 2011-12-14 20:27, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>
>> schrieb:

>>>When you say UID, which UID do you mean exactly? The Kolab XML Format
>>><uid /> element content
>>
>> The Kolab XML hid element.
>>

>Isn't the latest server-side copy then always the one <uid /> attached
>to the message with the highest UID (storage order)?

The latest yes. Which one is valid may be hard to determine though. There are some easy cases:

- One of the two is corrupt: use the one that is not corrupt.
- They are identical (somewhat unlikely): use higher IMAP hid.

Difficult case: both are valid. In principle the user should decide. When impossible use the higher IMAP uid.

I don't think the other should be moved to another folder though. Seems to be unnecessary.

Cheers,

Gunnar

>Kind regards,
>
>Jeroen van Meeuwen