[Kolab-devel] [issue4731] answer from resources contains extra "\r\n\r\n" characters (not return/newline!)

Thomas Arendsen Hein issues at kolab.org
Thu Apr 21 10:43:46 CEST 2011

Server 2.3.0:

A ressource accepted an invitation and sent me the following answer:

\r\n\r\nBEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//kolab.org//NONSGML Kolab Server 2//EN
METHOD:REPLY
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:libkcal-1638796806.778
SUMMARY:Test
DTSTART:20110510T090000Z
DTEND:20110510T110000Z
SEQUENCE:0
ORGANIZER;CN=3DUser:MAILTO:user at example.com
ATTENDEE;CN=3DResource;PARTSTAT=3DACCEPTED:MAILTO:resource at example.com
DTSTAMP:20110421T081852Z
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

kontact (tested with current e35) can't parse this as a valid answer.
When manually removing the extra "\r\n\r\n" characters (really
backslashes+letters, not return or newline!), the answer can be parsed by
kontact again. I did not verify other clients as this is not a bug in the client.

I'll take a short look at the code to see if I can find the cause.

assignedto: thomas
keyword: freebusy, kolab2.3-blocker, regression, server
messages: 27697
nosy: martin, thomas, wickert, wilde, wrobel
priority: urgent
related: generating free/busy cache broken in server 2.3.0
status: unread
title: answer from resources contains extra "\r\n\r\n" characters (not return/newline!)