[Kolab-devel] Changes to master branch

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 13:48:50 CEST 2011

Hello,

2011/4/16 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to (quickly) decribe the changes I planned to bring to the master
> branch of the current server GIT repository;
>
> - split out kolab-webadmin, as-is.
>
> Done, see http://git.kolab.org/kolab-webadmin/
>
> - split out perl-Kolab, and reduce it to hold the perl libraries only.
>
> Done, see http://git.kolab.org/perl-Kolab/
>
> - split out kolabd and remaining utilities
>
> - ultimately, 'kolab-conf' as a utility, along with its templates, and
> perhaps even it's perl library / packages, will also become its own
> repository (as it is an optional component to a Kolab Groupware deployment,
> and is mutually exclusive with other configuration management suites -to
> some extent).

Good idea. We can also provide puppet-kolab (and/or: cfengine-kolab,
chef-kolab, ...)  as alternative configuration managements.

So will will have: kolab-webadmin (as a pear package?), perl-kolab (as
a cpan module?), kolabd (as a tarball), kolab-conf (as a cpan module?)
and pear packages from horde.

> - split out the kolab schema, because that is a dev/release cycle of its own
> completely (backwards, forwards compatibility, deemed stable in the very
> long-term, should not be changed lightly, etc.)

This is an opportunity for "kolab/issue3488 (kolabSharedFolder and
kolabGroupOfNames should be AUXILIARY)"

(...)

Regards
--