[Kolab-devel] Outline of a setup procedure

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 14 17:26:37 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2011 20:25:56 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
Systems):
> From a list of Kolab components, choose the components to install on this
> machine:
>
> 1) imap
> 2) ldap
> 3) webclient
> 4) mta
> 5) webadmin

This looks quite complicated to me, maybe even too much to be practical
and too many options for people to understand.

Maybe we should limit options, a few random suggestions:
Good is to have "3) webclient" separate.
The second thing to have optional would be possibly "4) mta"
or the anti virus and spam checking.

Always install "2) ldap", but only have on master.
Maybe "5) Webadmin" always to be installed with the master "2) ldap".

Imap should be mainly I/o bound and need some memory.
Webclient and spam/av will be CPU and memory bound as well.

So we end up with three packages.

a) imap
b) mta or spam/av
c) web client

We could give "webadmin" and "ldap" to any of those. I'd say a).

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.