[Kolab-devel] autocreate functionalities in cyrus

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Sep 21 01:47:33 CEST 2010

Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> * Alain Abbas <alain.abbas at libertech.fr> [20100919 21:06]:
> > Is Autocreate Patch is in Kola- cyrus ?
> > and if yes how to automaticly create Calendars and contacts folders
>
> I'm not sure, but even if it is, I do not think it can create
> folders with the correct annotations. But maybe you can extend
> kolabd to do what you want, it already creates the Calendar folder
> for resources and group accounts.

No, the autocreate/autosieve patches are not in kolab-cyrus-imapd as released
through OpenPKG by kolab.org, nor the packages from Debian.

They are, however, since the dawn of ages, in the RPM packages for various
distributions.

With cyrus-imapd >= 2.3.16 and the default_mailbox_options, default
annotations and things like condstore can be set for mailboxes that are newly
created. With autocreatefolders and autosubscribefolders (settings created
with the autocreate/autosieve patches), a new mailbox can also be
automatically "filled" with the right folders.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG