[Kolab-devel] Packaging the kolab-webadmin package

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Sep 15 21:29:40 CEST 2010

* Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at kolabsys.com> [20100915 17:30]:
> Zitat von "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> > For GIT, I would propose I manipulate the history of what is in HG now, so
> > that we may then have a clean kolab-webadmin.git/* repository with the proper
> > history on each file included in such repository.
>
> Depends on how much effort that is. I don't think that having the
> history within one repository is essential as long as we don't turn
> off the read-only CVS. But if it is trivial, sure, fine with me.

Both, with Mercurial and git, the trivial way would be to clone the
repository and remove everything you don't want.

With Mercurial you can alternatively do a Mercurial to Mercurial
conversion (using hg convert) and exclude everything you don't want.
I don't know the corresponding git magic here, but I assume that
it can do this as well.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998