[Kolab-devel] Packaging the kolab-webadmin package

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 15 19:19:18 CEST 2010

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. September 2010 17:11:22 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> > It is in fact my intention to separate the source code as clearly
> > as possible from the packaging.
> > We've had the joined repo in the past and it lead to
> > the current state of the code.
>
> I think this is an invalid conclusion.
> It might have contributed a bit, but I do not think that a wider separation
> will be useful or would have changed the situation leading to better code.

I agree with Gunnar. Packaging foo *may* be in the upstream SCM, but there's a
general consensus across all distributions of name, that it should be
prevented at all times -to the extent of packagers completely ignoring any
packaging semantics that are in fact in the upstream SCM -and how rightfully
so.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen