[Kolab-devel] Bugzilla (Re: Native Packaging, Issue Tracking & Restructuring the SCM)

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 15 17:41:02 CEST 2010

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Jeroen,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 15. September 2010 15:35:25 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
>
> Systems):
> > To move this a little forward, I have installed Bugzilla and supplied it
> > with some demo-content. You can find the instance at;
> >
> >   https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/
>
> can you give the rationale for changing the issue tracking system?
> I haven't seen it so far.

In the OP I described that, amongst other things, it would be beneficial to;
enable separate components their have their own roadmap, milestones,
versioning, and I added a strong recommendation for separate source code
management repositories as well.

A list of requirements for an issue tracker are listed in the Summary section
of the aforementioned wiki page[1], which I can only hope you'll find of
useful assistance when determining whether Roundup or any other issue tracker
may be the most efficient and sustainable path forward from where we are
today.

While possibly not mutually exclusive with the use of Roundup, since I am very
familiar with Mantis, RT, Bugzilla, Trac, OTRS and some of the lesser systems
for issue tracking, I choose what is, IMHO, the best issue tracker to sustain
the requirements for the Kolab community, out of those I'm very familiar with,
to illustrate what I have started in OP.

> I have a strong preference against bugzilla.

Would you mind explaining that statement? I understand it to mean you're
fanatically against Bugzilla, but I'm not sure what the rationale behind such
a strong statement could be; I haven't seen it so far.

[1] https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Bugzilla_Work_Flow

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen