[Kolab-devel] Packaging the kolab-webadmin package

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Sep 15 16:26:01 CEST 2010

* Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at kolabsys.com> [20100915 10:04]:
> Assuming I would merge the branch next week then the next step would
> be to remove the source code from the repository to keep packaging and
> sources separated (yay!). In former times I moved a lot of PHP code to
> the Horde repository. This made sense at the time as the code quality
> over there was way higher and the code I moved has strong dependencies
> on the other Horde components. In addition the whole infrastructure on
> horde.org is focused on PHP coding.
>
> But moving the kolab-webadmin there probably wouldn't be a good idea.
> There are no dependencies on any other Horde components. And while the
> packaging may have improved the code itself did not. I don't see how
> it could benefit from living in the horde.org repository at the moment.

In the past I noticed that the code that moved to horde.org can be
only changed easily by you (or other Horde developers), so this
severely impacted the hackability.

> So I'd rather like to keep the code somewhere else. My preference
> would be to put it into a Kolab System git repository. What do others
> think?

Why yet another infrastructure instead of just using hg.kolab.org?

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998